Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kahlua Nutella Milkshakes + Bread Boat of Dip = A Good Weekend



You read that right. A milkshake with Kahlua and Nutella. It actually had Bailey's in it too but that wasn't in the picture. I don't even need to tell you how awesome this tasted. And how awesome I got after I had a gigantic glass of it.


And the bread boat of dip was just what it sounds like: Bread, shaped like a boat, filled with spinach artichoke dip.


Movie night this month was Dial M For Murder, which meant a free-for-all when it came to the food. Usually we do a theme, but I wasn't looking forward to appetizers shaped like amputated fingers or something. *Shifty eyes at girlfriends*  I wouldn't put it past them. The movie was really good! I want to watch it again when there isn't so much giggling over the way Grace Kelly answers the phone.

"Hello? Hello..... Hello! Hellohellohello"

Spinach Artichoke Bread Boat
Adapted from ClosetCooking.com

Italian loaf
3/4 c sour cream
2 c shredded mozzarella
2 c shredded parmesan
green onions
chopped spinach
2 cans (14oz) artichoke hearts
8oz softened cream cheese

The Italian loaf I got was a package of two, and they were both about a foot long. I had six very hungry girlfriends over and we didn't even finish one. So half the recipe if you're only doing one loaf, because there are enough ingredients here to fill a boat. Two, actually. Of bread.


Preheat the overn to 350 degrees.
Chop the vegetables and mix them with all other ingredients. Reserve a cup of mozzarella and a cup of parmesan to sprinkle over the top before baking. I didn't really measure the spinach or green onions. Use however much your guests will tolerate, or more if you want to keep it all for yourself :)



Don't worry, this won't be soggy. I abhor all things soggy. French toast, stuffing, etc. Shudder. This will be more like a melty sandwich.

Slice the loaf open lengthwise and lay it flat on a baking sheet. Fill the center with half of the dip mixture, (or all of it if you halved the recipe.) Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top. Wrap the exposed edges of the bread in foil so they don't burn.

Bake for 15 minutes or until all the cheese is melted.




Ohhh I want some right now! If I made it again for just me, or for non-picky people, I would also add black olives, banana peppers, maybe some cherry tomato halves......
Omg drool.

3 comments:

Marisa Hopkins said...

Ugh, why don't I hang out with you ever??? Because that all sounds amazing and I'm totally awesome after lots of alcoholic deliciousness, too.

baglady said...

well the bread boat sounds good but where is the recipe for the Kahlua Nutella Milkshake? That sounds even better!!! (low calorie too :))

SewSweetStitches said...

Thanks guys!
The milkshake was just ice cream, nutella, and liquor! No measured portions, sorry :/