Thursday, November 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Ginger Chicken Recipe



This has been a family favorite since I was little. I have no idea where my mom got the recipe, but we love it! Obviously it's super easy, or I wouldn't be able to pull it off. I think this is technically a Thai or Chinese or Something Exotic dish, but growing up we typically wouldn't eat anything but the plainest of plain things, so I promise it doesn't taste too adventurous.




















The recipe calls for just one teaspoon of ginger, but I like a handful in mine. And then I lick the grater. Carefully, of course! (LOVE ginger!)

Peanut Butter Ginger Chicken


  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed and diced
  • 14oz chicken broth
  • 2 TB soy sauce
  • 1 TB cornstarch
  • 1/2 C peanut butter
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 TB water
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • olive oil
  1. Coat large, deep skillet with olive oil. Saute garlic and ginger until soft. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe pan clean and re-coat with olive oil.
  2. Add chicken to pan and stir fry. Meanwhile, cook 2 cups white rice according to package directions.
  3. Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl: broth, peanut butter, red pepper, and cooked ginger and garlic. Dissolve cornstarch in 2TB warm water and add to sauce. When chicken is cooked through, add sauce to frying pan and simmer until bubbly and thick, about 5 minutes.
  4. Serve chicken and sauce over rice. The end.





No comments: