Thursday, November 15, 2012

Things That Make Me Happy #1

Ok so here's a new thing I want to do. It was actually the first thing that popped into my head when I thought of blogging again, so I guess you could say it's the inspiration for all of this. I want to remind myself of all the little things that make life worth living. That sounds cliche, but really sometimes that's what we need to remember when all the big things seem to be falling apart. < / sappy mushy sentimentality >

So whenever I come across something that makes me smile, it's going in a post. I can look back later and remember all the times I was genuinely happy, not manic happy and not unrealistically depressed. I was diagnosed as bipolar over the summer, and some pretty horrific events led up to that. I don't want to ever forget the times when real things made me happy in a real way. I'm going to try to keep the crazypants off this blog, but bear with me while I get used to all this. In the meantime, here's number one. These aren't in order of importance or anything, but I thought it only fitting that food got the first post :)


Things that make me happy: Honeycrisp apples! I love to have them for breakfast with a little natural peanut butter and a few bites of cheddar cheese. A handful of cheerios and you've got a balanced meal! I'll be so sad when Honeycrisp season is over. I wonder if apples can be frozen? Must buy giant freezer haha!

No comments: