Saturday, November 24, 2012

Things That Make Me Happy #4

#4: My tiny trays.

These are the little trays I keep on my vanity to catch all the sparkly bits of loveliness that float around the house. I think the floral one is an ashtray honestly, but oh well. The brass one is an antique hand-carved coaster from India. Or at least I think it's a coaster.
Anyway, lately they've been holding a random rhinestone button, the vintage brooch from my wedding, a pair of vintage beaded earrings from the thrift store, and the engagement ring that's too big now. Little sentimental things too, like a floral hairpin from a special occasion, and some old cocktail rings from my ex-mother-in-law (she loves me!)



Haha, look at all the paint stuck in the crevices! Ah well, more memories...



I just love looking at these when I pass by, and how the sunlight catches the sparkles. It just a little thing that makes me happy!

No comments: