Monday, December 17, 2012

Library Day- Extra Yarn and Mod Modge Rocks

Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett


This is the cutest and most creative childrens book! I love the illustrations.



A knitted sweater for a truck. Awwww!

"This looks like an ordinary box full of ordinary yarn... But it turns out it isn't."
The story is so cute, too. Definitely one we'd like to own!


Then for a craft book:
Mod Podge Rocks by Amy Anderson


Interesting. Unique. Creative. Buuuut maybe not entirely for me. Here are some of my favorite projects from the book:

Decoupaged boots. I can get behind that. I just don't think mine would turn out that pretty! The work seems extremely tedious.

I think this would be cute for my grandma. She'd love to have Carly's little drawings or photos of her on a bracelet. And I've seen these blank bracelets at the craft store too, so it wouldn't be hard to pull off.


LOVE this idea. I happen to be sitting on this same Ikea stool right now. In fact I want about three more of these for all over the house. They make perfect steps to my super tall bed, they're nice for sitting at a low desk because you can put your feet comfortable on the lower step, and Carly likes to sit in it backwards as her own little art table.

I just don't know about this one, what do you think? I love those chairs, and I love the pattern they used. I just don't know that I could bring myself to spread goop all over one of these beauties if I ever did get my hands on one!


LOVE this idea, especially since I just acquired three of them. Might give this a try!
Let me know if you've done any projects from this book! I'd love to see them.

No comments: