Monday, December 31, 2012

Library Day- Tiny Party Food and The Art Of Forgotten Things

For today's cook book, we have Tiny Party Food.
Tiny Food Party!: Bite-Size Recipes for Miniature Meals
In summary: ADORABLE!

Potato salad bites 

Tiny chicken taquitos 

Mini Philly cheesesteak sandwiches 

Itty bitty eggs benedict

Honestly, I wasn't hugely impressed with the dessert section. Maybe I'm just used to seeing cute little desserts, so it really wasn't that much of a novelty. But everything else looks perfect for craft night, including several fabulous cocktails! I'd definitely buy this book.


Now for a craft book, we have The Art Of Forgotten Things: creating jewelry from objects with a past.
I have mixed feelings about this book. I'd never be able to pull off any of these projects, for one thing. I mean, I'm sure I could replicate what is there, but I don't think I have the creativity to make them my own, know what I mean? Like I just couldn't think of anything clever enough to substitute what they're using in the book. 
It is a really beautiful book, though. I'd like to own a copy so that I can take my time with it. I think these kinds of projects are more like artwork that would take you days or weeks to complete because you've got these ideas marinating and you want to gather the perfect materials and be able to switch them around and think about it for a while before you make anything permanent. I think I'd like to try that, because I love making things up as I go along. So I'd definitely buy this book. (I know, I say that about all of them!)







I'd love to see how I can incorporate little embroidered bits and a lot more textile materials into these projectws! Very inspiring.

1 comment:

Muhammad Amir said...

I'm sure I could replicate what is there, but survival warehouse reviews I don't think I have the creativity to make them my own,