Monday, January 7, 2013

Library Day- The Well Dressed Home and Fabricate

I don't usually get excited about home decorating books, buuut this one is pretty lovely!






A prom dress as living room decor? YES PLEASE! Can you imagine growing up in a house like that? I want to be a cool parent and have dress-up clothes everywhere :)

 I love so many different styles, so this book was really me. Look at that bedroom!


These kitchens are really close to what I want for mine. I love how the top photo has the open shelves above instead of bulky cabinets. Definitely on my to-do list! And that sink- swoon...


I'd love to have a copy of this book for my living room bookshelf, just to look through whenever I want to be inspired.

Next we have a craft book, Fabricate:
Fabricate

This one was not really a winner for me. I do love the clutch on the cover, though. I'd like to make one with the same technique, but a flower bunch just in one corner maybe?

This linen dress is gorgeous, and I love the technique for the bodice, but I know I'd never make it.

These potholders are cute, though! I love the crosshatch patchwork. I'd pick different colors for the fabric, but I love how it looks kind of crazy quilt-ish.

So I wouldn't buy this for my bookshelf, most of the projects were a little TOO artsy for me! But it was still inspiring.

No comments: