Monday, April 15, 2013

What's Been Goin On

Not much. I've been trying to get my creativity back, but... I dunno, I'm just blah. I can't think of anything to make or do, which has never happened to me before and has sent me into a tizzy of panic. The vegan thing helps, it's something to focus on. I have a new vegan blog, Beta Vegan. That keeps me somewhat sane.


I am working on some bright, summery hair clips. Nothing very creative or artistic, just regular flowers with leaves. I'm disappointed because when the seasons change, I'm usually overflowing with new ideas and color combinations. My therapist says that dry spells are part of normal creative processes for people who are not manic, and that this is just a downtime when ideas are marinating and everything will be back to normal soon. I hope she's right!


3 comments:

DancingMooney ♥ said...

Sometimes when I'm stuck in a rut, I buy new magazines, or look at google/images or pinterest for new ideas... you never know if it's a new style, or maybe a simple as a new color combination that might spark your creativity... but rest assured, you'll be flowing with new ideas soon. Sometimes I think our creative muses need a break, in order to be refreshed with something new. ;)

Take a walk, breathe the fresh air, try not to think about making new things, and before you know it, something will strike you. ♥

DancingMooney ♥ said...

p.s. those lemon cookies look divine, and I love the yellow/pink/green in your flowers... they make me think of pink lemonade! :)

Deb said...

For a split second I thought those were lima beans in the middle of the flowers. So when are you going to incorporate dried beans into your art? Crazy? Maybe. I love your vegan blog and yesterday bought ingredients to make two of the recipes. Will let you know how they turn out.