Sunday, August 24, 2014

As you have hopefully noticed, I'm giving this blogging/self-employment thing another shot. I never did stop Etsy, I just kind of let it sit there unattended and now I'm ready to put all my creativity back into it. What's been happening? A lot.
If you remember, I was diagnosed with Bipolar type 1, and now I found out I also have Myalgic Encephalomyalitis, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.


A federal advisory committee has recommended that the name of the condition be changed from chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) to myalgic encephalomyelitis or myalgic encephalopathy chronic fatigue syndrome (ME-CFS) to more accurately characterize the complex nature of the disease.

Source: Chronic fatigue syndrome | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/reports/articles/chronic-fatigue-syndrome#ixzz3BMJDwOK6 

This means I spend most of the time in bed, but occasionally I'll still have those fits of mania, and I'll run around like a literally crazy person and wear myself out to the point of near death. It's a vicious cycle. The good news is I finally found a medication for the Bipolar that's working pretty well, so I'm no longer a danger to myself or others. I wish that were a joke. :)

I let the shop and the blogging go because I wanted to focus on my Bible ministry and I didn't want any distractions since I have a brain the size of a pea. That's still my goal, but since I spend most of my life horizontally, I have plenty of time to waste on the internet. But I don't want it to be wasted, I want to be a productive, contributing member of society in my own small way. So here I am! Again.

My interests have grown in the time I was away from blogging, and I hope to share one tutorial or DIY idea every week. It's good for me to have a little challenge, I think (a challenge besides showering.) I'll also be talking about what it's like to have CFS, and increase awareness about chronic illnesses a little bit. I want to be encouraging but also have a place to whine and complain, since I'm sure you're all dying to know every sticky detail of what it's like to be me. You're welcome.  I'll also probably make you look at pictures of my kid. It'll be a blast.

1 comment:

Liz Noonan said...

Glad you're back!
I hope everything goes well and you feel better.